Thursday, January 14, 2010

FU Got Mine

Is this the mindset of people today? I often am conflicted by the actions by the "Christians" in this nation when it comes to giving back.

Case in point- The Earthquake in Haiti. The US has offered $100M in aid and relief and I've heard nothing but bitching and moaning about it. Maybe I just hang around the wrong people. Should I mention that the people I hang out with are "tomorrow's future"?

My "FU Got Mine" slogan can be easily explained as "I have what I need, screw the rest of you".

I have clothes that I don't even need, a bigger house than I need, 2 working vehicles, a TV bigger than necessary, all the fun hi-tech gadgets, a coffee pot that is ridiculous, paved roads, running water, heat, a/c, health care, food.

Aren't we all guilty of putting parameters on the time or dollar amount we'll give when someone in need? This bothers me.

I am mad at myself today because I don't know how to respond to the "FU Got Mine" rhetoric. I'd probably be a hypocrite if I did.

Where is the humanity anymore? Why does concept of humanity have to be tied together with socialism?

Am I doing all that I can to help? No.

I am babbling now, but that is only because I am so mad at myself that I don't know how to fix myself, or help others see how to fix it within themselves.

1 comment:

  1. Here, here sister. This floors me. Also, all the people going on about "oh, they hate us, 'til they need us." Well, they hate us cuz you make idiot comments like that, sir. They still hate us, but those of us in the minority with a heart and/or a brain know what's the right thing to do. Grr.

    ReplyDelete